When one thinks of June, how can you not think of weddings? And, school is out for the summer! June is also the month that includes Father’s Day.
Can you tie your book into any of these calendar days? As we look to Chase’s Calendar of Events, here are some other celebrations happening this month:
- Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat Month
- Dairy Month
- Dairy Alternatives Month
- PTSD Awareness Month
- Entrepreneurs “Do It Yourself” Marketing Month
- Gay and Lesbian Pride Month
- Migraine and Headache Awareness Month
- National Men’s Month
- National Safety Month
- Student Safety Month
- National Candy Month
- Child Vision Awareness Month
- Effective Communications Month
And, it’s…National Say Something Nice Day (although I think that should be every day of the year, IMHO.). This is a day to say thank you to those who make our lives better just by being a part of our days. It’s also a day to apologize for words spoken in frustration, anger or disappointment.
As you look at the list above, there are many books that could tie into these topics, including: cats, PTSD, vegetarianism, veganism, entrepreneurs, safety, gay rights, and much more. The question is, can you tie your book into one of these topics? If so, you could find yourself getting some great media coverage this month.
Just for fun, let me add a few more that maybe aren’t as well known as the others. June is also:
- Audiobook Appreciation Month
- International Surf Music Month
- National Bathroom Reading Month
- And it’s National Iced Tea Month. (Whattt? There is such a thing? Yes, and they got some television coverage too.
How can you tie into the calendar and the month of June to get more publicity and coverage for your book?
Next week, we’ll have more Countdown Checklist coverage for publicizing and marketing your book.
To Your Success!
P.S. If we aren’t yet connected socially, let’s do it! Let me know how you’re doing. Here is the link on Facebook.