Last week I announced that I’m going to resurrect my podcast show and I asked for show ideas since my purpose for this is to provide tips and suggestions that would be helpful for you. Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to give me their suggestions! If I was worried about content and having an editorial calendar, well, you proved to me that it isn’t necessary to fret about this.
Here are some of the suggested hot topics that will be coming up:
- Tips on how to interview other people. (This is a great one. So often I hear people do interviews and they forget that they are supposed to make their guest shine, not compete with them as to who has the best advice.)
- Tips on radio skills that apply to podcasts. (They all apply since a podcast is merely a radio show or audio file with a delayed broadcast time. Or in other words, they can be listened to at the convenience of the listener.)
- What is the best way to get on the local morning or talk shows. (I assume this is for radio and for television. We will definitely cover this. in fact, I will bring on a producer who will give it to us straight, and I’ll also share some of my many experiences, which I think will be helpful.)
- Someone asked for my story of why and how I started my podcast. (Happy to share that and perhaps some strategy behind it. Why is this a good idea? It might be helpful for you in deciding if this is something that would work well for you…or what else might be better.)
- How to get Journalists to notice you. (Ah, always a good one. I will share this much. If content is king, then context is queen. I will explain that in an upcoming episode.)
Here are some other upcoming topics:
- How do I monetize my business? (Excellent question. There are strategies for this. You need to select the right one for you and your business, and before you do that, you have to know what they are.)
- How can I sell more books. (Always a biggie.)
The plan is for the launch to be in April. I’ll keep you posted.
To your success!